What is Geohex?
The GEOHEX Erosion Control System is a unique and innovative ground stabilisation technology that is easy to use and quick to install.
GEOHEX is a permeable ground stabilisation technology that has been engineered for use in multiple application ranging from soil & turf stabilisation for the enhancement of water saving measures to the reinforcement of roads in and around mine and construction sites.
With a load rating of 1200 tonnes per square metre the GEOHEX system is a safe and cost-effective substitute for concrete in many applications. It is environmentally friendly and designed to reduce maintenance and logistic coast while at the same time increasing safety and water conservation.
Designed and manufactured in Australia to ISO90001:2014 standards GEOHEX is made from high impact resistant 100% recycled and recyclable co-polymer polypropylene.
Features and Benefits
- Designed to stabilise earth and stop erosion
- Permeable – water passes through instead of running off and creating drainage issues
- Prevents pot holes forming on dirt driveways
- Extremely cost effective compared to concrete or bitumen – especially in remote areas
- Easy to DIY install – no extra personnel or equipment needs to be mobilised on site
- Ideal for temporary facilities – easy to remove if you need to rehabilitate a site
- Can be laid around trees unlike concrete & bitumen
- Environmentally friendly – made from recycled plastic and can be recycled after use
- Specifications (industry standard): L 1000mm x W 500mm x H 42mm
- Maximum Load Bearing Capacity: 1200t/sqm (filled)
- Maximum Load Bearing Capacity: 300t/sqm (unfilled)
- Weight: 2.7kg
- Material: Recycled high impact
- Pallet quantity: 170 units for a full pallet (2.2m)
- Can be installed in a variety of soil and geological configurations
- Water Permeability – 99.7%
- Inert and non-reactive to solvents, oils, chemicals or water
- Non-toxic to humans, animals or plants
- 100% Recyclable
- Every panel will require approx. 0.01678 cubic meters or 16.78ltrs of infill material to fill the matrix