What is the Geohex Erosion Control System?
The GEOHEX Erosion Control System is a unique and innovative soil stabilisation technology that is affordable, easy to use and lightning quick to install.
An environmentally friendly plastic mesh driveway mat, GEOHEX is a permeable ground stabilisation technology that has been engineered for use in a variety of applications. The GEOHEX Erosion Control System can stabilise soil and turf for the enhancement of water saving measures, but it can also be deployed to reinforce roads in and around mine and construction sites. It can be used as a soil stabilisation strategy for sandy areas such as beaches, or as a plastic mesh in public access areas with heavy foot traffic, such as parks. It can even be used to manage erosion control on golf courses.
With a load rating of 1200 tonnes per square metre, the GEOHEX Erosion Control system is a safe and cost-effective substitute for concrete or asphalt. Concrete and asphalt are both more difficult and more expensive to install (and remove) than Geohex, while also being non-porous. Given that it is highly permeable, Geohex is a much more effective solution for managing erosion control and stabilising soil than other materials such as concrete and bitumen.
Designed and manufactured in Australia to ISO90001:2014 standards GEOHEX is made from high impact resistant 100% recycled and recyclable co-polymer polypropylene. This makes it an extremely environmentally friendly choice for both soil stabilisation and erosion control management.
As well as functioning better as an erosion control solution, Geohex’s unique design reduces maintenance and logistic costs while at the same time increasing safety and water conservation.
Features and Benefits
- Designed to stabilise earth and manage and control erosion.
- Permeable – water passes through the Geohex Erosion Control System instead of running off and creating drainage issues.
- Due to its erosion management capacity, Geohex prevents pot holes forming on dirt driveways and dirt walkways.
- Extremely cost-effective compared to concrete or bitumen – especially in remote areas.
- Easy to install – the Geohex Erosion Control System can be installed as a DIY project. Quick and easy compared to alternative soil stabilisation solutions, Geohex installation requires no heavy machinery, nor a team of builders.
- Ideal for temporary facilities – because Geohex is a light and porous plastic mesh solution for ground stabilisation, it is easy to remove if you need to rehabilitate a site. In fact, it is as easy to remove the Geohex Erosion Control System as it is to install it.
- Cut to size – while the Geohex Erosion Control System comes in a standard size (1000mm L x 500mm W x 42mm H), it can very easily be cut (with power tools) and modified to size as required. This is extremely handy when you need to position it around a pole, tree, or other immovable structure.
- Environmentally friendly – made from recycled polypropylene, Geohex is a plastic mesh soil stabilisation solution that can easily be pulled out of the ground and recycled after use.
- Specifications (industry standard): L 1000mm x W 500mm x H 42mm
- Maximum Load Bearing Capacity: 1200t/sqm (filled)
- Maximum Load Bearing Capacity: 300t/sqm (unfilled)
- Weight: 2.7kg
- Material: Recycled high impact
- Pallet quantity: 170 units for a full pallet (2.2m)
- Can be installed in a variety of soil and geological configurations
- Water Permeability – 99.7%
- Inert and non-reactive to solvents, oils, chemicals or water
- Non-toxic to humans, animals or plants
- 100% Recyclable
- Every panel will require approx. 0.01678 cubic meters or 16.78ltrs of infill material to fill the matrix