- Specifications (industry standard): L 1000mm x W 500mm x H 42mm
- Maximum Load Bearing Capacity: 1200t/sqm (filled)
- Maximum Load Bearing Capacity: 300t/sqm (unfilled)
- Weight: 2.7 kg
- Pallet quantity: 150 units for a full pallet (under 2 meters)
- Material: Recycled UV-stabilised high impact
- Inert and non-reactive to solvents, oils, chemicals or water
- Can be installed in a variety of soil and geological configurations
- Non-toxic to humans, animals or plants
- Water Permeability – 99.7%
- 100% Recyclable
- Every panel will require approx. 0.01678 cubic meters or 16.78ltrs of infill material to fill the matrix
- Colour – Black
- Can be used in the construction of plastic driveways
GEOHEX™ Erosion Control System has
a Maximum Load Bearing Capacity of 1200t/sqm*
Prior to installing GEOHEX Erosion Control
System, the following ground preparation is required.
- Prior mechanical compaction of the soil and / or ground base is essential for the successful performance of a GEOHEX Erosion Control System.
- It is recommended that a sand bed be placed under GEOHEX Erosion Control System so as to construct a perfectly flat surface under the soil layer to prevent rutting and subsidence due to vehicular or livestock movement.
- If the surface is prone to movement, it may be necessary to install extra sub-soil drainage to maintain the strength and integrity of the topsoil.
- Any additional drainage technology used may consist of coarse road base, agricultural piping, sand or a combination of all of these. Fine road base may lower or even prevent excess absorption of water.
- The sand bed under GEOHEX Erosion Control System requires moderate compacting to ensure proper topsoil leveling. GEOHEX Erosion Control System can then be placed right on top of this layer.
- The best infill for GEOHEX Erosion Control System is an angular stone up to 10-15 mm in size, which locks together to restrict any further slope movement.
- Other recommended infill products include topsoil, sand and fine gravel.
- Since it is made of plastic matting or pavers, the GEOHEX Erosion Control System can be used with any type of turf configuration or turf variety.
- The use of weed sheets is also recommended to prevent further maintenance in turf areas using GEOHEX Erosion Control System.
- Areas that have had GEOHEX Erosion Control System installed should be inspected regularly to determine if any damage or minor subsidence has occurred as a matter of precaution.
INFILL SPECIFICATION CHART
Suggested guide for filling material choice for the GOEHEX™ Erosion Control System.
|Lime (crushed / granular)
||Use at a diameter of up to 20mm and ensure medium to high levels of compaction.||Avoid
lime with a high clay content as the surface will become excessively
slippery. Also avoid material with a high blue metal content.
||Great for drainage and soft surface requirements.
||Ensure good compaction and low sand content.
|Blue metal and recycled
|Very good compacter and useful for exits and entry roads.||Needs thorough and uniform compaction.
||Good for bovine hooves and is also preferable for many other livestock.||Must
be no bigger than 30mm in diameter. Can get slippery when wet. Must be
soft enough to avoid damaging the GOEHEX™ Erosion Control System.
use where extremely soft surfaces are required. Ensure a very high
level of compaction. Also good for areas where the promotion of turf
growth is required.
|Ensure the soil is clean and free of contaminants such as large rocks, metal or glass. Can be mixed with 10% to 15% washed sand.
||Fine, rock or soil like material that is less than 20mm in diameter.||Avoid any fillings that have high stone content or sharp edges.
*results are based on a filled product, Tested at the Centre for Geotechnical and Materials Modelling, The University of Newcastle.